Saturday, January 7, 2012

today:

  • i got to wake up without an alarm.
  • hannah made me a delicious pancake.
  • the sun was shining all day long.
  • and it was 59F when i woke up at 9am! (so weird for winter in PA!)
  • i watched an eagle soar over the lake for about 5 minutes before it finally dove down & presumably caught some lunch.
  • vitamin D synthesis happened...capri's and a t-shirt in January hasn't happened since i lived in North Carolina! yaaay for naturally chasing away those winter time blues. heheh
  • my dad let me borrow his truck so i didn't have to wrestle with my bike rack...
  • hannah & i rode the rail trail past the howard tunnel for the first time-with only one wipe out and a minimal amount of "can we turn around NOW?"
  • my mom folded my laundry.
  • the laundry dried on the clothesline. outside. in january. without freezing.
  • i decided that soaprocks are pretty cool...
  • my mom made me chocolate pudding delight. :)
  • i made some delicious crab cakes. two thumbs up.
  • houston beat cincinnati. which means baltimore will play houston at home next week. and not pittsburgh. i am hoping tebow can pull out another miracle and dump the steelers before they can move on. most raven's players & fans would like to see another match up with pittsburgh this year...just so we can put the thing to rest, but not me. those games give me ulcers.
  • charles barkley is hosting SNL...which means it could be hilarious or ridiculous. or both. hopefully both.
  • oh yeah, it was my birthday. :)
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise-think about these things. Philippians 4:8

this is what makes me smile:
giant tricycles.