Wednesday, April 18, 2012

today i am thankful. i am reminding myself that i am thankful...i am in a rotten mood. probably because i haven't been sleeping well, allergies are kicking my butt (or my head), and things that i can normally just let bounce off me are piercing my armor. 

i am thankful for my family. most especially my awesome kiddo who i am blessed to enjoy spending time with. working with kids (and parents), i see so many people who genuinely love their children-but don't seem to really like them very much. my daughter has always been highly entertaining at the very least, and i am really enjoying getting to know the young lady she is becoming. she is w-e-i-r-d. and i am soooo glad. there wasn't much hope for her to be otherwise. haha. i'm also thankful that my sisters keep having cute babies for me to cuddle and spoil. being an aunt rocks my socks.

i am thankful that it rained today and washed some of the pollen out of the air and off my car. 
i am even thankful for the pollen. 

i am thankful for my job. and that my boss seems to like me. and that she asked me to come back in the fall.

i'm thankful that, even though i DO enjoy my job (for the most part), i have only FIVE more weeks of work until i get to take a break and spend the summer helping my sister out with her crazy little monster. :) BLESSED!!!!!!

i am thankful for my friends. especially the ones who make me laugh...also thankful for laughter. i need it. i think i am addicted to it. 

i'm thankful for the guy who held the door open for me at the dollar store this afternoon, and also thankful that the bag i was carrying didn't break until after i got to the car. 

i'm thankful for Ephesians 6:10-18 because it gets me through so much. what a blessing to have all those powerful tools. ♥ as soon as i am finished here, i am going to go read it again...even though i've been able to quote it since i was 6. on that note, i am thankful for junior bible quiz...even though it used to make me have anxiety attacks and i never actually competed because i was too busy throwing up in the trash can. heheh  the only question i ever answered because even practicing made me ill..."what does Golgotha mean?" and i am thankful for kenny brown, who whispered the answer to me. heheehh. 2 points to you, reader, if you know the answer without googling.

i am thankful for the crazy beautiful sunrise this morning, and that i was driving to work so i could see it. 

ok i am feeling slightly less grumbly now.

this is what makes me smile:
kids who run up to me and ask, "Miss Amy!!! Can I draw your FACE???" :)