Wednesday, May 2, 2012

i had a really good idea for a blog post a few hours ago...
then i ran around outside for a while and got really tired and accidentally fell asleep for a few hours.
now, i have a crick in my neck from sleeping unexpectedly in an unusual position, my clothes that were in the dryer are wrinkled beyond un-wrinkling without rewashing (i sooo don't iron), my hair is in the same state as my clothing because it was wet when i fell asleep, and i can only remember that my awesome writing idea started out with a thought i had while applying 7 band-aids to different spots on my feet.
new seasons=new shoes=blisters. a life lesson. heheh. there were going to be thoughts on the process of blisters eventually becoming seasoned areas that can "take the pressure" over time..there was going to be a reminder that Jesus is the balm to our aching, bloody feet, and where we are too weak to walk alone, we can remember that He walks before us.   it was good, i'm telling you. heheh
as it is, i am thankful for my wonky, spontaneous nap. it was oddly refreshing in its unplanned-ness. sometimes i get caught up too much in needing to know things. what's going on, when and how it's going to happen..etc. for someone who is so not-so-great at making plans, i surely like to be in on them. you know, get a glimpse of that elusive "big picture." ...so my nap changed my plans? it's cool. i can roll with it.
i am actually kind of a pro at rolling with it. hahahaa.
and when i am NOT feeling like a pro at rolling with it, or that rolling with it is even OKAY...there's this:
"for i am confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Philippians 1:6

and this is what makes me smile:
chicks.