Saturday, January 19, 2013

Soul food.

"LORD, hear my prayer. Listen to my call for help and answer my prayer. Show me how good and loyal You are. Do not judge me, Your servant...No one alive could be judged innocent by Your holy standards. The enemy has hunted me down, and crushed me into the dirt; stomped me to within an inch of my life. I have been put into a dark hole, buried like those long dead. I am ready to give up, I am losing courage, my spirit is draining away, my heart is heavy, like lead. But I remember what happened long ago. I am thinking about all You have done, pondering the ways You've worked. I stretch out my hands to You, waiting for Your help, thirsting for You like a desert thirsts for rain.
Hurry and answer me, LORD! I have lost my courage, I am nearly at the end of my rope. Don't turn away from me; don't ignore me...that would be like certain death. Show me Your faithful love in the morning. I trust in You. Show me what I should do. I put my life in Your hands! LORD, I come to you for protection. Save me from my enemies, You're my only Hope! Show me what You want me to do, teach me how to live to please You; You are my God. Let your Spirit lead me over level ground. LORD, let me live so that people will praise Your Name. Show me how good You are, and save me from my trouble. In Your love, vanquish my enemies; make a clean sweep of those who harass me, because I am Your servant. "

"But You, LORD, protect me. You bring me honor; You give me hope. I will pray to the LORD and He will answer me from His holy mountain. I can lie down and rest and know that I will wake up, because the LORD covers and protects me. So I will not be afraid of my enemies...even if thousands of them surround me. LORD get up! My God, come and rescue me! If you hit my enemies on the cheek, you will break all their teeth. LORD, the victory is Yours! You are so good to your people."

"LORD, listen to me and understand what I am trying to say. My God and my King, listen to  my prayer. Every morning, LORD, I lay my gifts before You and look to You for help. And every morning You hear my prayers.
God, you don't want wicked people near You. They cannot stay in Your presence. Fools cannot come near you. You hate those who do evil. You destroy those who tell lies. LORD, You hate those who make secret plans to hurt others.
But by Your great mercy, I can enter Your house as an invited guest. I can worship in Your temple with fear and respect for You. LORD, show me Your right way of living, and make it easy for me to follow. People are looking for my weaknesses, so show me how You want me to live. My enemies will not tell the truth. The only want to destroy people. Their words come from mouths that are like open graves. They use their lying tongues to deceive others. Let their so-called wisdom wreck them. Let them be caught in their own traps. They have turned against You, so punish them for their many crimes.
But let those who trust in You be happy forever. Protect and strengthen those who love Your name. LORD, when You bless good people, You surround them with Your love, like a large shield that protects them."
..from Pslam 143, 3 & 5

"No weapon that is formed against you will prosper; and every tongue that rises against you shall be proved wrong. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD and their vindication from me, declares the LORD" Isaiah 54:17