Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Leeland: The Live Sessions - "I Wonder"



i, in my ridiculous human pride, have been attempting to take care of myself and my daughter. as i was pondering a possible future opportunity i was kind of yelled at.

"If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more shall your Father who is in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him?!" Matt 7:11
(this one was thrown at me twice today. :) )

"I will continue to carry you even when you are old. I will take good care of you even when your hair is gray. I have made you. And I will carry you. I will take care of you. And I will save you. I am the Lord." Isaiah 46:4

"That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life--whether you have enough food and drink, or enough clothes to wear. Isn't life more than food, and your body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air: they do not sow or reap or gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of much more valuable to him than they are?
Who of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?
And why do you worry about clothing? Observe how the lilies of the field grow; they do not toil, nor do they spin: yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was clothed as beautifully as one of them.
If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into an oven, will he not much more clothe you? O you of little faith!
So don't worry about these things, saying, 'What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?' These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs. But let your first concern be for his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these other things will be given to you." Matt 6:25-33

This is what makes me smile:
hearing.