Sunday, February 5, 2012

there is a flock of wild chickens that lives down the road from my house. they like to chill in the middle of the road a lot of times, and when we first moved here i would slam on my brakes, or swerve to try to avoid hitting one (or more!) of them. i don't know when my actions changed, maybe they just morphed over time, but now-i don't swerve. i don't brake. i just continue...sometimes i actually speed up. those chickens are fast. and they seem to love to cut it really close with the cars, especially the roosters. i've never seen one of them laying along the side of the road, and i've noticed that none of the other local cars slow down either. it makes me wonder how long their little family has been around. and also, i hope i never run into them when i'm out for a jog...i'm pretty sure they could all take me.

today, i saw a pink and gray spotted pig eating leftover corn in a field just outside of town.
and that made me smile. :)