Sunday, October 9, 2011

"Nothing else in life is like this thing." ~Pastor Scott Brown, on his first snuggie experience. that was not the best "nugget" of wisdom i heard from pastor scott this morning, but it was definitely the most amusing. :)

i am really thankful for a pastor who teaches straight from the Word. i'm also thankful for a leader who doesn't sugarcoat things for us...

i have been really, REALLY enjoying this string of beautiful days...such a treat after the blessing of seemingly unending rainy days. it's kind of messing with the wildlife, though, i think...we had some forsythia blossoms opening up on the last few shoots we pulled up this weekend. and the bugs are having a hay day. :) ahhh indian summer. the leaves are really starting to turn now, and i'm thinking this week will probably be peak for our fall foliage. i'm hoping to get up to chickies rock or high rock to see if i can get some nice shots of the valleys. (not that any of you will know where those places are...i included a couple of links, in case you care to find out.)

14. that is the number of classes i have left at pmi. i won't be able to get my certification right away after receiving my diploma because of some things that i will have to make up, but it will be really awesome to have my mondays and tuesdays back. i am hoping that i'll be able to get all of the "left over" stuff taken care of by the end of january or february. then i will be able to take my national certification exam in march, and assuming i pass...i'll be able to apply for my PA state MT license by april. i will have letters after my name. hehee.. for some reason, this makes me giggle.

i am still not sure why God plopped me into this gig. i'm trying to figure it out, trying to listen to His voice and follow His leading...i've had a few moments of, "ooooh, duh, amy. this is definitely part of the Plan," but no real clear picture of the future as far as this is concerned-but i'm not really worried about it because, so far, everything related to this adventure has been so clear and obvious that i really haven't even been able to deny that i'm on His path. when the time is right, He will let me know what steps to take, and in which direction to take them... i'm excited to see where He leads me with this education & how He will allow me to use it to His glory.

this has been "stuck" in my head/heart/soul all day..

this is what makes me smile:
barns.
and:
silos that look like they might be part of a castle.