Saturday, October 22, 2011

today was declared "mother daughter day" by my mom...it's pretty rare for her to seek me out to specifically chill with me, so i decided i'd better humor her and let her drag me around two different towns to check out some consignment stores and such. now, i love a good deal, but shopping is just not that fun when you don't have any money. heheh. still, i managed to make a few savvy purchases, and ended up with a pair of jeans, 2 shirts and a dress for han & a shirt and a fleece pullover for myself, and was down only $9.42 at the end of the day. not bad. i also saw a lot of potential for future clothing needs to be met at a few different stores, so that was good, too. 

it was nice to spend some alone time with my mom. we didn't really have any deep, meaningful talks, or anything like that...but we also managed to spend 10 hours together without aggravating each other, so all-in-all i'd call the day a smashing success. 

i think in addition to my "what makes me smile" daily affirmation, i'm going to add a verse that has encouraged me, or helped me each day. starting........NOW. :)

verse of the day:
"...you are my servant, I have chosen you and not cast you off; fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." 
Isaiah 41:9b-10
♥ 

this is what makes me smile:
beautiful autumn-y rainbows.