Saturday, July 30, 2011

"There seems to be a mistake. I believe I ordered the *large* cappuccino stromboli. *Hello!* Look at the size of this thing."
it's been kind of a weird day today.
i've had a lot of things running through my mind the past few days. tons of homework to catch up on, plus a kid who is not used to being imprisoned inside has also added some stress to the atmosphere. thank goodness it cooled off a little bit today..to celebrate we took a stroll through the yard to see what's changed in the last few weeks.


some photos from our walk:
we were greeted by a shiny green beetle.
"pssst! put me back! and don't tell anyone you saw me!"
okaaay...
queen anne's lace seems to be the only thing that will grow at the moment
"hey, sister...did you see a little green guy hanging around?"
even the trees look hot.
random lamb's ear growing in the middle of the yard.
oooooh pretty..on the shady side of the house.
mmm a tasty looking apple!
most of them look more like this one.
finally talked dad into chopping away the nasty forsythia & leaving the mulberry trees! yay!
not my friend.
lots of brown, crispy stuff around.
not sure what this is, but the seed pods looked kinda cool.


this is what makes me smile:
being able to go outside, while the sun was still out, and not melting within 3 minutes.