Wednesday, September 28, 2011

my days have been pretty full, and yet still somehow pretty uneventful. haha

so it turns out i'm a halfway decent cook. :) and...i like doing it. i have been tracking how long i'm spending washing dishes..average 2.5 hrs. a day. i need to start wearing those yellow gloves, i suppose.
so far i've had only easy meals to prepare, so i guess i can't go getting all excited just yet. we'll see if the kiddos are still lauding my efforts in a week or two. ;)
i don't know if i mentioned this or not, but the one thing i would change about working in that kitchen would be the sink height. the bottom of the tub is even with my knees, so i have to lean waaaay over to wash dishes (for 2.5 hrs...), my back is KILLING me. i tried sitting, but my arms don't reach to the back of the sink when i do, and then i have to half-stand on the chair to get to the stuff back there (and the faucets!), and that is more uncomfortable than the bending. soo..i've put in a request for a sink adjustment, we're not sure how possible it will be (depending on  plumbing), but if it's doable, it's gettin done!

this is what made me smile biggest today:
my favorite iced tea. mmm, so refreshing. :)