Monday, August 8, 2011

i really have nothing interesting to write about.
sometimes i feel so small, like a speck in the grand scheme, and my tedious day to day activities and thoughts seem so inconsequential. it is much easier to pretend that i can't see past my own existence, to the bigger issues plaguing this world, than it is to try and make sense of all the awful things going on.
so i had a ho hum day. i did manage to pass a portion of my practical final this evening, which was awesome. now on to the next 4 sections, which i fear will not go quite as smoothly. i also got to hang out on an organic farm, instead of being cooped up in the dank little room we normally have class in. that was pretty cool. they have free range chickens and sheep, and grow all kinds of greens and vegetables. the house and land are just beautiful, i could spend a lot of time there just wandering around. 
but even within my little sphere, there is chaos and heartbreak. several of my classmates are going through some really tough things, some major issues that i can empathize with, but don't really know how to help them except to just be there

this is what makes me laugh:
clay aiken's biggest fan