Saturday, August 6, 2011

it is a wonderful feeling you get when you know you have helped someone who has been in pain, to feel better. it is also kind of an ego boost when a fellow MT, who has a history of being "picky," asks you to be her therapist. :) i needed that confidence lift. 

i decided to take a drive around the hills on my way home, having a little quiet time to myself was nice. even in the rain, the scenery is so beautiful. somehow i ended up on a road that took me by the stone quarry..this kind of creeped me out because those things are DEEP. i couldn't see the bottom from the road, and that also creeped me out a little. ha i guess i am easily creeped out these days.
on my little drive, i saw a red tailed hawk swoop down and pick up what i think was a field mouse for lunch. there was a bright yellow oriole sitting on the top of a fence post that would have made a lovely photo, but unfortunately there was no where for me to pull over. i also saw what i think was a killdeer. birds are pretty cool. 

i've been forcing my mom to walk with me in the evenings lately...she always pretends that she is going to refuse to go, but ends up grumpily putting her shoes one and trudging out the door when i tell her to get up and stop the whining. it reminds me of when i was younger and didn't want to wear tights to church. (i HATE those things! they are soooo itchy!!) this is a very strange role reversal...it always makes me a little uncomfortable when my mom acts like i should be in charge of something that she's involved in, but it's nice to have company other than an ipod on my walks. every day, when we get back to our driveway she says, "remind me again why we bought a house at the top of a hill?" 

this is what makes me smile:
old red barns.